Last modified: May 19, 2018
Scope of Policy
This policy describes how LanzaTech, Inc. and its affiliates collect, use, disclose, maintain, and store information you provide to us directly and information we automatically collect about when you visit our website http://www.lanzatech.com.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it. You agree to this policy by providing your affirmative consent to LanzaTech. You may request removal of your information from our systems as set out in this policy. This policy may change from time-to-time.
Information You Directly Provide to Us.
Through your interactions with LanzaTech personnel or by you providing your information directly to us when using our website, you may express your interest to receive additional information about LanzaTech. You may be asked to provide personal information such as your name, email address, and other contact information that will enable us to contact you.
The information you provide may be transmitted and stored internationally. The information you provide is transmitted to us at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your provided information will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. Please review the Data Security and Data Retention sections of this policy for additional information on how we may store and protect your personal information.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
We may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain anonymized information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns as you navigate through and interact with our website, including:
- details of your visits to our website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the website; and
- information about your computer and internet connection, including, but not limited to, your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is anonymized statistical data and does not include personal information. It helps us to improve our website and to deliver a better experience by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons that permit the us to monitor website statistics (e.g. recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We may use personal information that you provide to us:
- to provide you with information that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about LanzaTech;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to notify you about changes to our policies;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your express consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose certain information that you provide:
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of LanzaTech’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which information held by LanzaTech is among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it; and/or
- to contractors or service providers we use to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request; or
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of LanzaTech personnel, our customers, or others.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You are entitled to request, receive, review, amend, or erase any personal information that you have provided to us. You can do so by sending an email to: email@example.com. Your personal information will be deleted from our electronic records once you have withdrawn your consent for us to use your information by requesting erasure. We may not accommodate a request to amend or erase information if we believe it would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We store the personal information you provide to us for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, unless there are existing legal requirements for us to retain the data for a longer period of time.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is transmitted to us in encrypted form and stored securely on our servers. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to us and stored on our servers. Any personal information you share with us is at your own risk.
Links to other sites
Our communications with you may contain links to websites which may be maintained by third parties. Although we try to link only to websites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content, security, or privacy practices employed by third party websites.