Last modified: May 7, 2018
Scope of Policy
This policy describes how LanzaTech, Inc. and its affiliates collect, use, disclose, maintain, and store information you provide to us and information we automatically collect about when you visit our website http://www.lanzatech.com (our “Website“).
This policy applies to information we collect on this Website in whatever format. It does not apply to information collected through any other type of communications you may have with personnel or agents of LanzaTech or its affiliates.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect certain types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us by filling in forms on our Website; and
- automatically as you navigate through the site with cookies or web beacons.
Information You Directly Provide to Us.
You may use portions of our Website to provide us with personal information to express your interest to receive additional information about the services we offer. You may be asked to provide personal details such as your name, employer, email address, phone number, and other information that will enable us to contact you.
The information you provide may be transmitted and stored internationally. The information you provide is transmitted to us at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your provided information will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. Please review the Data Security and Data Retention sections of this policy for additional information on how we may store and protect your personal information.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
We may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns as you navigate through and interact with our Website, including:
- details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and
- information about your computer and internet connection, including, but not limited to, your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service such as enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons that permit the us to monitor Website statistics (e.g. recording the popularity of certain Website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We may use personal information that you provide to us and the non-personal information we collect automatically:
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose certain information that we collect or you provide as described:
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of LanzaTech’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which information held by LanzaTech about our Website users is among the assets transferred; and/or
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request; or
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of LanzaTech personnel, our customers, or others.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You are entitled to request, receive, review, amend, or erase any personal information that you have provided to us. You can do so by sending an email to: email@example.com. Your personal information will be deleted from our Website’s electronic records once you have withdrawn your consent for us to use your information by requesting erasure. We may not accommodate a request to amend or erase information if we believe it would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We store the personal information you provide to us for as long as it is necessary to perform any services that you may have requested unless there are existing legal requirements for us to retain the data for a longer period of time.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is transmitted to us in encrypted form and stored securely on our servers. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website and stored on our servers. Any personal information you share with us is at your own risk.
Links to other sites
Our Website may contain links to other websites which may be maintained by our corporate partners, government organizations, or third parties. Although we try to link only to websites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content, security, or privacy practices employed by other websites.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for or targeted to children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. Do not provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any other personally identifiable information if you are under 13. We will delete any information that we have collected or received if we learned that the provided personal information is from or about a child under the age of 13. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13.